Create automated steps for contacts in your segments, depending on their behavior. Flows are tightly integrated with segments, which add and remove contacts dynamically, so you can define steps for all contacts that currently match your segment filters.
Flows are great for lead nurturing, as well as customizing content for your existing customers. For example:
- Define a series of informational emails for leads with next steps that are based on the links the contact clicks in the emails.
- Target customers who have visited a specific page on your website for an email campaign. If the contact clicks a link in the first email, you can send more detailed information about that topic.
Flows are built using three categories:
- Actions - Upsales performs actions, like sending emails or updating contact or company information.
- Behavior - Contacts react to actions with behaviors, such as clicking a link or filling out a form.
- Snooze - You can build waiting time before a next action by adding a snooze to the flow, such as waiting 5 days to determine whether the contact clicked a link.
This article include information on:
Also see related articles on:
Opening the Flows Lists
To view your flows, complete the following steps:
- Select the Marketing tab.
- Select the arrow next to Segments.
- Select one of the following:
- My flows - for a list of flows you created
- All flows - for a list of all flows
- Saved flows - for any of your saved lists
The list of flows you selected is displayed.
You can also toggle between the Segments and Flows list using the Segments/Flows buttons at the top of the list.
Viewing the Flows Lists
The Flows lists provide an overview of information about the flows that have been created.
- Name - shows the name you assigned to this flow
- Status - shows the current status for this flow
- Created by/Creation date - shows the user who created this flow and the date
- Segment - shows which segment is being used for this flow and the current number of contacts included, based on the segment filters
To find a specific flow in the list, enter the first few letters of the name of the flow in the Quick Search field at the top right.
To customize your Flows list, you can:
Once you have customized a list, you can save that view to return to it easily later.