Create automated steps for contacts in your segments, depending on their behaviors. Flows are tightly integrated with segments, which add and remove contacts dynamically, so you can define steps for all contacts that currently match your segment filters.
This article covers:
When to use flows
Flows are great for lead nurturing, as well as customizing content for customers. For example:
- Defining a series of emails for leads, containing URLs which are directed towards your online campaigns
- Targeting customers with bespoke messages based on what they click on in your emails.
Flows are built using three categories:
Upsales can complete an action for you, such as sending emails or updating contact or company information.
Contacts react to actions with behaviors, such as clicking a link or filling out a form.
Include delay before completing an action, such as giving a contact 5 days to read an email before you send a reply.
Opening the Flows Lists
To view your flows, complete the following steps:
- Click the Marketing tab, then the arrow next to Segments:
- Select one of the following:
- My flows
Opens the flows you've created
- All flows
Opens all flows already created
- My flows
Here you can also quickly toggle between the Segments and Flows list:
Viewing the Flows Lists
The Flows lists provide an overview of information about the flows that have been created.
- Name - the name you assigned to this flow
- Status - current status for this flow
- Created by/Creation date - which user created the flow and when
- Segment - segment being used for this flow and the current number of contacts included, based on the segment filters
If you have lots of flows, use the Quick Search to find and filter:
Once you have customized a list, you can save that view to return to it easily later.
Related flow articles:
To customize your Flows list, you can: