How do I send an email to the ones that didn't open my last email campaign?
From inside the email campaign:
- Inside the sent email campaign, click the recipient list
- Select the contacts who didn't open your emails by looking at the column named 'Action'
- The contact has opened the email
- The contact has opened and clicked a link inside of the email
The contact has opened the email, clicked a link and filled out a form on the page of the link.
- In the left side of the row, select the checkboxes for the contacts you'd like to send your email to.
- Click the 'Edit selected' dialog that appears from the bottom of the page and select 'Send group mail':
This alternative requires that you:
- Send your email campaign from a Flow
- Have templates for your first and follow-up email already designed
- From inside a Segment create a new Flow
- Sending the email:
- Add an 'Action' as the first step of the type 'Send email'
- Select the template you've designed for your email campaign
- Select what type of email category it should belong to (required)
- Click save
- Checking who didn't open:
- Add a next step in the flow of the type 'Behaviour' and select type 'Email opened'
- The email entered in the Action-step above will be selected as the email to track
- Set the number of days that Upsales should wait to review who opened the email
- Click 'Save'
- Sending an additional email to the ones that didn't open:
- Below the Behaviour you just created two paths are created; 'No' and 'Yes
- 'Create a next step of the type 'Action: Send email' in the 'No'-path
- Select the template you'd like to send and the email category
- Click 'Save'
- Done! Your Flow will now send your email campaign to everyone included in the segment and then send an additional email campaign to the ones that didn't open the first one.
Exporting email campaign data
Some customers want to export their email campaign data to use in Excel or other services, this is how it's done:
- Open Advanced search in Upsales
- Click the tab called 'Contacts'
- Scroll down to the section called 'Marketing Events'
- Click the toggle beside 'Email campaigns', more options are now shown
- Select the email campaign(s) you'd like to export in the 'Email campaigns' field
- Click 'Show XXX contacts' in the bottom of the page
- Click the upper left most checkbox to select all contacts
- Select 'Export' in the menu that appears when clicking on the multi-action button (orange)
- In the Export dialog that appears, select which fields your export should contain
- Click Export and your download should start automatically.