What happens with contacts who leave a flow and return later?
Flows remember the contact's last position. Since flows use segments for adding and removing contacts dynamically, a contact who doesn't match the segment criteria is automatically removed from the segment, and thereby the flow. But flows also keep track of which step the contact was at upon being removed from the segment. So if the same contact is automatically added to the segment again later, that contact continues the original journey through the flow.
Why is the sum of 'contacts here right now' and 'Contacts passed this step' not the same as the total amount of contacts in my flow?
The sum of Contacts here right now and Contacts passed this step may exceed the total number of contacts in the segments because snooze statistics are calculated from all of the contacts who ever passed this step. Some of those may no longer match the segment filters.
What happens if I remove a step that has steps below it?
If the step you are removing has one or more steps below it, these steps will also be removed.
Can I add contacts in my flow to an Advertising campaign?
Yes, but right now it requires a bit of a workaround. Here's how:
- Start by creating a Sales campaign in Upsales. (We are going to select this in the advertising campaign later on.)
- In your Flow add an Action step.
- Select the Action type called Update company.
- In the dialog named Update companies that appears when clicking on the action, select the sales campaign you just created in the field called Add Campaigns.
- All companies reaching this step will now be added to that sales campaign.
- Create a new Advertising campaign, using an Account Based Marketing target. Select the campaign you created from the Campaigns list.
Once you save the advertising campaign and your flow, contacts that reach that step in your flow will be added to your advertising campaign.
Can I edit an email template in an active flow?
Yes. Create a new email template (or edit the existing one) and edit the flow to select the new template.