This article explains how to add or edit filters on your Insights dashboard, as well as how to adjust filter criteria on a dashboard.
When you add a Look or a Tile to your Insights Dashboard, you can use Raw Looks, which means to leave the criteria open so that you can use Dashboard Filters for flexible options on how you view the data on your dashboard. You can also add or edit filters added to your dashboard.
To add or modify filters for your dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Select Edit from your Dashboard.
- Select Filters.
The Add/Edit Dashboard Filters window opens, showing any filter criteria you have applied to this tile/look in your dashboard.
- From the left side of the Add/Edit Dashboard Filters window, select New Filter, or select an existing filter from the list to edit it.
- Enter or edit the Name of the filter.
- Select the Type of filter from the drop down list.
- If you selected Field as the Type, additional options allow you to choose the appropriate field.
- Select the Model that includes your fields from the drop down list. You can choose from English, Swedish or, if you have custom fields that have been imported, your own company Model.
- From the Choose Explore… drop down list, select the category for the data you want to include. This limits the options for the next selection.
- From the Choose Field… drop down list, select the specific field you want to apply as a filter for this dashboard.
- If you’d like the dashboard to show values for specific criteria each time it is opened, you can choose a Default Value. Select the condition from the drop down list and indicate any additional information, which depends on the Type of field you selected. You can learn more about the specifics for Date filters and Field filters in related articles. If you want to show all values, leave the Default Value blank. Even if you show all values, you can still choose specific measures when using the report on the dashboard.
- Under the Tiles to Update tab for the bottom portion of the Add/Edit Dashboard Filters window, the tiles included in this dashboard are listed. Turn individual tiles ON or OFF to control whether that specific report is affected by this filter when viewed on this dashboard. For Tiles that are turned ON, you can select a specific field from the drop down list.
- The Filters to Update tab allows you to select other filters applied to this dashboard that may change based on this filter. You can turn those other filters ON or OFF to indicate whether you want them updated when this filter changes.
- The Customize Filter tab allows you to do the following. Turn each item ON to apply it.
- Require a Filter value to run this dashboard
- Allow multiple filter values
- Select Save to save the new or updated filter.
- Select Done Editing at the top right when you have finished making changes to your dashboard.
Filters applied to this dashboard are shown in the top left corner under the Dashboard Title.
To adjust the filter criteria for this dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Expand the filter by selecting the small triangle left of the filter name.
- Select the condition you want to include for the selected filter.
- Depending on the type of field, and the condition you selected, complete the additional fields to determine your desired data selection. You can learn more about the specifics for Date filters and Field filters in related articles.
- Select the + to the right of a filter to add another set of conditions. You can select the X next to a condition to remove it.
- Select Run on the right to refresh the dashboard with the updated criteria.