You have a number of options for filtering your Insights dashboard based on specific fields. You can filter on any field in your Upsales account, although for custom fields, you will need to work with an Upsales B.I. consultant to import the fields. This article explains how to complete the specific criteria for each type of field filter.
When you select Field as the Type of field for an Insights dashboard, you can include a default value or adjust the filter criteria from the dashboard. Refer to Filtering Data in Insights for the steps for adding/editing a filter or adjusting a filter.
The Field filter includes a number of different options. To select one of these field filters, complete the criteria as follows:
- Is (not) equal to — When you use is equal to, select a specific value, which will include results based on the selected field. This criteria will narrow your results to this specific selection. When you use is not equal to, the results will exclude your selection from the displayed data.
- (Doesn’t) Contain(s) — The contains criteria allows you to view results for keywords. Enter one or more keywords or select an item from the drop down list, which includes the available options in your account based on the selected field. When you select doesn’t contain, the selected keywords are excluded from the displayed data, which shows everything else.
- (Doesn’t) Start(s) With — The starts with option allows you to select from the available options in your account based on the selected field. But you can also combine similar options by only including the first few letters. When you select doesn’t start with, the displayed data shows everything but the options that match the selected starting letters.
- (Doesn’t) End(s) With — The ends with option allows you to select from the available options in your account based on the selected field. But you can also combine similar options by only including the last few letters. When you select doesn’t end with, the displayed data shows everything but the options that match the selected ending letters.
- Is (Not) Blank — The is blank criteria allows you to choose from data in your account for which the selected field is blank. The is not blank criteria allows you to choose from data in your account for which the selected field includes data.
- Is (Not) Null — The is null criteria allows you to show any data where the selected field doesn’t apply. The is not null criteria allows you to show any all data where the selected field does apply.
- Matches Attribute — The matches a user attribute option allows you to filter based on the user who is viewing the dashboard. Contact an Upsales B.I. consultant if you need to add a user attribute based.
- Matches Advanced — The matches advanced filter allows you to create more complex combinations by entering syntax.
Most of the field filters allow you to combine multiple filters. To create a combination filter, complete the following steps:
- Select the criteria and any additional information for the first filter.
- Select the + to the right of the filter details.
- An OR argument is added, with another set of criteria fields. Select the new condition and the related information.
You can add multiple filters by repeating the process. The Matches Advanced criteria is not available for combination filters.