Track time in Harvest, manage and invoice with Upsales
|We know that working with tools that don't communicate with each other can be quite time-consuming. That's why we made Upsales not only communicate with Harvest but really sync your information efficiently.|
By using the Harvest app you'll track the time you've spent in Harvest and it's automatically imported to Upsales as products on opportunities. When the project is finished and it's time to collect the money simply, set the opportunity stage to 100% in Upsales and the project in Harvest will be marked as Invoiced. If you've connected a billing app through Upsales, the order will then be synced to that service.
- Track time in Harvest, automatically sync with Upsales
- View amount of tracked hours and project quotas
- Create advanced reports with Upsales Insights
- Send orders from Upsales to your billing service
Explaining the integration flow:
- Track time in Harvest
- Upsales matches the company and user between Harvest and Upsales
- An opportunity is automatically created in Upsales on the matched company
- The opportunity is placed in selected sales board stage
- Information is synced from Harvest and added to the opportunity
- Time tracked in Harvest automatically updates the opportunity in Upsales
Matching customers between Upsales and Harvest
The companies you create in Harvest will be matched against the ones you've created in your Upsales account. Double check the naming of your companies, making sure they're identical.
Companies in Harvest that don't match (or don't exist in Upsales) will automatically be created in Upsales. So, make sure the name of your companies matches each other to avoid duplicates.
Here's how the import match process works:
- If there's a company in Upsales with a Client ID from Harvest, this company will be updated
- If there isn't a matching Client ID, Upsales will try to match on the company name
- If a match is found on the company name, the Client ID from Harvest will be added to the company in Upsales
- If there isn't a match for the company name, a new company will be created in Upsales
What information is added to the opportunity?
- Company synced/matched from Harvest
- Hours worked and added to a product
- User synced/matched from Harvest
If there are multiple ongoing projects with the same company in Harvest, each one will create a new opportunity.
- Time is automatically synced from Harvest to Upsales until the project is set as invoiced
- Notes from Harvest are visible in the notes field of the opportunity in Upsales
How syncing information from Harvest to Upsales works
In the settings of the Harvest app inside Upsales you can find a range of options:
What stage should the opportunity be created in
The opportunity created from the imported tracked time can be placed in the different stages of the sales board - select a stage in the app settings. The stage to select depends on how you've configured your sales board; if using the default sales board layout we recommend choosing the 'Verbal Agreement' stage.
What product should be used for the tracked time
Select a product to which the time should be applied. The price for the product is set by the price you've entered in Harvest project.
Adding a contact from Harvest as a reference in the opportunity
If there's a contact assigned to the company in Harvest, Upsales tries to find the same contact in Upsales based on the contact's email address.
- If the contact doesn't have an email in Harvest then Upsales will not import the contact
- If there are multiple contacts on the company in Harvest one of these will be selected and added to the opportunity. We recommend only having one reference contact per company in Harvest.
- If the app doesn't find the contact in Upsales a new contact will be created in Upsales and added to the opportunity.
Which user should I select for the opportunities
Each opportunity created from your tracked time is added to one of your users in Upsales - which one is up to you, but all opportunities will be placed on the same user.
For reporting purposes, creating a new user to only handle these opportunities might be a good idea. This means that all tracked Harvest time will be placed on that single user and makes viewing reports a bit easier
The user set as a reference will also be used by connected invoicing services.
Moving the opportunity to your sales stage
When the project is finished, or the amount of hours for this month is met, move the opportunity in Upsales to your 100% stage. This will set the project as Invoiced in Harvest and the lock icon will appear:
If more hours are tracked on the same project after the opportunity has been moved to your 100% stage an additional opportunity will be created in Upsales on the same company.
How do I activate the app?
All available apps are located in the Settings panel of Upsales. You need to have the role of 'Administrator' to access the app directory and to activate apps for your team.
Where can I find my API-key and API client ID
To connect your Harvest account to Upsales, the first step is to create an API token inside Harvest and then enter it inside the app settings of Upsales. Follow these steps:
- Go to https://id.getharvest.com/accounts
- Create your personal access token
- Name it something like 'Upsales'
- Copy the token and the Account ID
- Paste the token and Account ID in the settings for the Harvest app inside of Upsales.
- Done! Harvest and Upsales should now be connected.