First Touch lets you see where the first interaction with any contact took place. This means you can see which channels drive conversion, so you can focus your marketing efforts on the most popular sources.
To get the most out of First Touch, use Upsales Insights and the First Touch Dashboard to get analytics and reports of your digital touchpoints.
This article will cover:
What is First Touch?
First Touch is the first registered touchpoint for any contact. Depending on where the contact originated, the First Touch source will be any of the following:
- Organic search: visits from search engines.
- Referrals: visits from other websites.
- Social media: visits from social media sites.
- Paid search: visits from pay-per-click ads.
- Paid social: visits from paid social ads campaigns.
- Direct traffic: visits from users reaching your site by directly typing in a URL.
- Other campaigns: UTM lead source that not fit anything above
First Touch for any contact can be viewed on the contact card.
To get the most out of First Touch, and see the most popular sources, and thereby identifying strengths and weaknesses in your marketing efforts, use First Touch Attribution Dashboard in Upsales Insights.
View First Touch on the contact card
- Open any contact card. You can do this by going to Contacts, under Sales & CRM > Companies & Contacts.
- On the contact card, First Touch will show on the bottom of the left column. For First Touch to show, there needs to be a registered first touchpoint such as a website visit or campaign interaction.
- You can see the source, campaign name, and the registered date.
To get a deeper understanding of First Touch and your most popular touchpoints, use Upsales Insights' First Touch Attribution Dashboard. This dashboard will give you an overview and allow you to see which channels actually drive conversion.