It can be a bit tricky to keep track of all leads coming from external partners. One way is to have your partner fill out a form.
How it works
When your partner submits the form, a company and contact is created in your Upsales account. If the company and/or contact already exists this information will be updated.
This article covers:
- How to create one form for each partner
- How to create a form action to assign leads automatically
- How to share forms with partners
- How to create a custom view, to see which partner generates the most leads
- Best practices
How to create one form for each partner
Keep track of which partner sent which leads by creating one form per partner. This also keeps partner information separate.
- Click Settings → Marketing → Forms & Landing pages > Forms:
- Click +New Form:
- Click form, add an internal name (for example the partner name):
- Click Next to create a new form:
How to create a form action to assign leads automatically
Once you've created your form, you need to set up form actions to assign the lead.
Assigned users will get a new activity in Upsales and notifications via email and inside the platform.
- To assign the lead automatically, Click Settings and click After-submit page:
- Click Add more actions button:
- Click Assign:
- In the dropdown menu, select the user who should be assigned the lead. Or click the Role tab and choose a role:
- Click Save action
The assignee now gets an Activity and notification when there's a new lead.
How to share forms with partners
You can share a direct link to your form, or embed it on your website.
- Click Marketing → Forms & landing pages → Forms:
- Click the form to bring up the Form Dashboard. Click Publishing options.
- To share a direct link, click Copy on the untracked link:
- To embed the form on your website, scroll down to Embed on website and copy the code. You can change the pixel width and height of the form by adjusting the numbers:
How to create a custom view, to see which partner generates the most leads
- Click Marketing → Forms & landing pages → Forms and click Filter:
- Search for the form:
- Click Save list:
- You can now share the list with users and roles:
|Avoid using Zapier integration combined with an external spreadsheet to import leads||
|Avoid manual imports||
|Avoid creating an Upsales user for each partner||