Use forms to manage leads from external partners
It can be a bit tricky to keep track of all leads coming from external partners. We find that the best way to manage these leads is to have your partner fill out a form. This way, the leads are easy to manage and easy to bring into your sales process.
How it works
When your partner submits the form, a company and contact will be created in your Upsales account. If the company and/or contact already exists this information will be updated. By also creating a form action that assigns the lead, an activity will be created in Upsales and the assigned user or role will be notified via email and inside Upsales.
This Best Practice article will cover these steps:
- Create one form for each partner
- Create form action, to assign leads automatically
- Share form with partners
- Create a custom view, to see which partner generates most leads
- Not recommended practices
Create one form for each partner
It'll be easier to keep track of which partner sent which leads if you create one form for each partner. This also keeps partners from knowing too much about each other.
- To create a form, go to Marketing > Forms & Landing pages > Forms. Click New Form button.
- This will bring up the Form Editor in fullscreen mode. Click Form and give the form an internal name.
Make sure the name includes the name of the partner and description that indicates it's a partner lead, to make it easier to locate the Forms list.
- Click Next to start setting up the form fields as you desire. To find out more about how to create your form, read Create a new form help article.
Create a form action, to assign leads automatically
Once you've created your form, you need to set up form actions to assign the lead.
Assigned users will get a new activity in Upsales and notifications via email and inside the platform.
- To assign the lead automatically go to Form Settings and click After-submit page.
- Click Add more actions button
- Click Assign
- In the dropdown menu, select the user who should be assigned the lead. Or click the Role tab and choose a role, to assign every user in a specific role.
- Click Save action
Now, when a lead is submitted, the assigned user or role will get an Activity and notifications telling them there's a new lead.
Share form with partners
Share a direct link to your form, or embed it on your website.
- To share your form, find the form under Forms & landing pages > forms. Click the form to bring up the Form Dashboard. Now click Publishing options.
- To share a direct link, click Copy on the untracked link.
- If you want to embed the form on your website, scroll down to Embed on website and copy the code. You can change the pixel width and height of the form by adjusting the numbers.
- Now either share the direct link, or the page where you embedded the form.
Create a custom view, to see which partner generates most leads
- Go to Forms & landing pages > Forms. Add a new filter by clicking Show filters, then search for the internal name describing the partner lead. In our case, we search for "leads partner" because we're going to include this in all form names.
- Save the view by clicking Save view as. Give the view a name and share it with other users or roles.
Not recommended practices
These practices are not recommended for managing leads from external partners.
|Don't use Zapier integration combined with an external spreadsheet to import leads||
|Don't manually import||
|Don't create an Upsales user for each partner||