How Upsales can help you solve the challenges of serving IP-based targeted ads.
This article covers:
- How Account-Based Marketing (ABM) works in Upsales
- Why you may see partially identified impressions
- How to activate IP ranges for your ABM campaigns
How Account-Based Marketing (ABM) works in Upsales
When using Account-Based Marketing your ads are only shown to the companies you select. Upsales compares IP addresses of companies in your target list with visitors to your ad. When there's a match, your ad is displayed for that visitor.
Why you may see partially identified impressions
Sometimes part of the IP address is hidden.
Full IP address example: 192.168.0.1
Partially masked IP address example: 192.168.X.X
These may be recorded in Upsales as partially identified impressions, if you've enabled the IP range option for your campaign.
How to activate IP ranges for your ABM campaigns
- Click Marketing → Advertising:
- Scroll to the ad campaign and click edit:
- Scroll to Targets and click Account-Based Marketing:
- Under Use range click Yes:
- Click Use target to confirm:
- That's it! You've now enabled partially identified impressions