Create a template for your emails, directly in the email composer for a single email.
This article covers:
- Create template from email
- Insert data tags in the template
- Use a saved template
- Update template
- Delete a template
Create template from email
To create a template, open an email by clicking on any email address in Upsales. Or click in the upper left corner, then click Email.
Please note: Templates created from Send Email composer are private and can't be used by the rest of your team
- In the Send Email window, add any information you wish to have in your template. The template can contain the following:
- Email Subject
- Email Content (text, images, lists, tables, dividers, signatures, etc)
- Data tags (in both Subject and Content)
- Text formatting (font, size, format, bold, italic, underline, alignment, etc)
- Save your template by clicking Save Template
- Give the template a name, then click Save template button
- Nice! The template is saved and ready to be used.
Insert data tags in the template
It's a good idea to insert tags for data specific for contacts and companies. This can be such things as first name, last name, company name, phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
So, for example, instead of writing the first name every time you can add a data tag and have the first name be added automatically.
- To add a data tag in your template, click Insert tag in the toolbar of the email composer.
- Search for the tag you wish to add, or scroll down to find it.
- The data appears as curly brackets with the tag attribute inside.
- To add data tag to the subject line, insert a data tag and cut it from the content area and paste in it the subject line.
Use a saved template
- To use a saved template, click on the Template row in the Send Email composer
- Your email templates are saved under the Private templates tab. Click on the template you wish to use.
- To update a template, first choose your template as described above.
- Make your changes in the current template
- Click Update on the Template row
Delete a template
Saved templates can only be deleted from the Templates list, under the Marketing Tab.
- Go to Templates under Marketing.
- Show private filters by setting filters to show Private template: Yes
- To delete a template, click on the bin and then Delete template button