A subscription is one order split into several orders that are sent to the customer over a specific period of time. Subscriptions help you manage your billing, invoicing and also enable you to monitor customer base development. Automated follow-up of churn, ARR and MRR, and up-sells allow you to focus on growing your business.
This article covers:
Activating the subscription option
- Click Settings → Subscription:
- Click the Activate Subscription toggle:
The Subscriptions sub-tab now displays under the Sales & CRM tab:
Overview of subscription settings
Once the Subscription has been activated you can set a variety of fields to make creating subscriptions easier.
Select field for start and end date
You have three options for the subscription:
- No field
Show no start or end dates
- On order
Show start and end dates for the entire order
- On every order row
Show start and end dates for every row in the order
if you choose to show dates, click the dropdown:
Note: You may need to create the custom fields for the start and end date fields if these drop-downs are empty.
Default values will populate the fields when new subscription orders are created.
The available default values are:
- Order interval (how often Upsales should generate new orders).
- Period length (how long is each subscription):
- Locked stages (prevent edits being made to subscriptions in specific stages)
- Enable orders to be created in advance (have new orders be created and invoices sent ahead of time). You have a list of default options – click +Add option to set a custom number of days: