Can I import all data types to Upsales?
You can import data into all fields of companies and contacts in Upsales. If you do not currently have a field for the information you want in Upsales, you can create a custom field. If you do not find the field you are looking for in the import template, you can always create a new column in the file.
How to import checkbox data in Upsales
When you want to import checkbox data, the cells in your import file need to be marked as on/off for checked/unchecked boxes. Otherwise, Upsales won’t update the checkboxes when importing the data.
Note! The checkbox column in your import file must be in all lowercase
How to import date data in Upsales
When importing date data in Upsales you need to make sure that the column containing the date data is in text format, not in date format. To make sure that the dates in your excel file is in text format you can follow the instructions below.
- Copy the whole date column in your excel / CSV file.
- Paste all of the information in Notepad (or any other raw text software on your computer).
- Create a new column in excel.
- Right click on the new column and convert it to text format.
- Copy all of the information in your notepad.
- Paste the information into the new date column.
- Delete the previous date column or rename it to make sure you choose the right column when importing the file.