A huge advantage of Account Based Advertising (ABM) in Upsales is the option of targeting specific companies at specific stages of the sales process. It's a 'Top of Mind' type of effort that probably won't generate a click storm, but it will place your brand in the peripheral view of the one's you're targeting whenever they're browsing the internet. This can be a great advantage when the viewers are considering your services.
This article will show you how to display your online ad's for companies with an opportunity in a specific stage of your sales process:
Summary of the steps needed:
- Create a Sales campaign
- Create a Segment that imports all companies with opportunities in a specific stage
- Create a Flow that adds the companies in the segment to a sales campaign
- Create an Advertising campaign with the Sales campaign as targets
- Create another flow that removes all the companies that doesn't have opportunities from your sales campaign (Once they've become customers, you probably want to stop showing your ad's to them.)
1. Create a Sales campaign
Sales campaigns are basically a list that things in Upsales can be tied to. This will be our target group for our advertising campaign.
- Head to the Sales & CRM section of Upsales
- Click the tab called Campaigns
- Click Create campaign
- Give the campaign a name
Ok, you are done with this step. Let's move on to automatically placing companies in your sales campaign:
2. Create a Segment
The segment will import all companies that have an opportunity in the stage you select. (Yes, you can add more criteria like order values etc if you'd like.)
- Head to the marketing section of Upsales
- You need to have the role of Marketing administrator to access some marketing features
- In the list of segments, create a new Segment
- Inside your new segment, head to the tab called Contacts
- Find the section called Include contacts
- Click the button named Companies in the bottom of this section
- In the drop down menu that appears select the option called Opportunities
- A new row will now be visible with the different settings for opportunities
- Click the More options link
- Find the field called Stages
- Select the opportunity stage(s) that the advertising campaign should target
- Click the More options link
- Click Save
Ok, we've now selected what contacts the segment should include, let's move on to the Flow.
3. Create a flow
Inside your segment there's a tab called Flows. Flows are a way of automatically lead your companies through steps depending on what actions they do. In this case we just want to create an action that updates the companies in the segment by adding them to the sales campaign you created in step 1.
- From inside your segment, click the tab called Flows
- Start from scratch and create a new flow
- Select the step category called Action
- In the list of Actions, select Update company
- In the dialog that appears, find the field called Add campaign
- Select the sales campaign you created in step 1
- Save to close the dialog
- Save the flow
- Activate the flow (The segment can be active without the flow being active)
Ok, we' ve now achieved this: All companies that have an opportunity in a specific stage is added to your sales campaign by the segment and flow. Next step is selecting the sales campaign as a target for your advertising campaign.
4. Create an Advertising Campaign
There's a few settings to configure in your advertising campaign like budget, dates, targets and creatives etc. This article will cover how to configure the Targets section.
Our goal is to select the sales campaign as the target for our advertising campaign, here's how:
- Head to the Markering section of Upsales
- Click the tab called Advertising
- Create a new Advertising campaign
- Scroll down to the section called Targets
- Select the option called Account Based Advertising
- In the dialog that appears select the sales campaign we previously created in the field named Campaign.
- Use range: This means showing your ad's for all computers connected to the network address range. The network could be shared by multiple companies.
- When you've selected your sales campaign, click Save
- Fill out the other information in the advertising campaign, like campaign budget, date and create some banners/creatives.
- Launch the campaign!
5. Create another segment (that removes companies from the campaign once they don't have an opportunity)
When the companies which you targeted in your advertising campaign become customers and no longer have an opportunity in the stages you are tracking they 're still going to be included in your sales campaign, and by that, still see your ad's. To remove them we need to create another segment and flow that removes companies that doesn't have an opportunity from your sales campaign. Here's how:
- Create a new segment
- In the Contacts tab and Including criteria section select Opportunities like you did in the first segment
- Now, to exclude all companies that doesn't have an opportunity click the link named "with" and change it to "without":
- Click the "More options"-link and select the same stages as your previous segment
- Head to the Flow section of the segment and create a flow
- Add (almost) the same action as you did in the previous flow:
- Select Action then Update company
- Instead of selecting your campaign in the "Add campaign-field" like you did in the previous Flow, select your campaign in the Remove campaign-field:
- Done. The segment you created removes all companies that doesn't have an opportunity from your sales campaign.
All companies in the opportunity stage(s) you selected is added to your sales campaign by the segment and flow and the sales campaign is used as a target for your advertising campaign. Companies that no longer has an opportunity is then removed from your sales campaign. Great work!
Read more about: