Once you have set up the website visits tracking script on the pages of your website that you want to track, you can see the different types of website visits begin to display on the Website visitors screen with a calculated Lead Score for each visitor, as shown in the following sample:
This article explains how to customize the lead score for your visitors to help you identify highly qualified leads.
We recommend that you evaluate the relationship between pages that your prospects visit on your website and the likelihood that visitor becomes a customer. Pages visited with a greater likelihood for converting should receive a higher score than pages with a lower likelihood of converting.
To customize the lead score calculation, complete the following steps
Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
3. From the left-hand menu, select Website visits from the Marketing section.
4. View the Website visits section below the Script for website, which lists each of the pages to which you have added the tracking script
. The number of visitors to each page since you added the tracking script is displayed. A sample is illustrated below. You can sort the pages by number of visitors (from low to high or high to low) by selecting the Visitors column header.
5. Change the value in the Lead Score column for each page to change how valuable it is in the calculation for generating a lead score for the website visitors.
- Use 0 or a low score for visits that don't correlate with a high conversion rate.
- Use mid scores to indicate an increased level of interest by the visitor.
- And use higher scores for activities that are highly likely to indicate a lead who will become a customer. For example, a pricing page might get a much higher score than your Home page.