Google Calendar and Office 365 Upsales offer you an easy way to book appointments in Upsales CRM and invite participants for appointments. Create or get invited to appointments by an Upsales contact in your Google Calendar or Office365, and appointments are visible on their customer card.
This article covers:
- Activating Google Calendar/Office 365 with Upsales
- Inviting participants
- How to include a Google Meet/Microsoft Teams link
- Changing/deleting appointments
- Receiving appointments from someone's Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar
- Managing multiple email addresses & domains
Activating Google Calendar/Office 365 with Upsales
Creating appointments in Upsales using Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar only works if you have activated Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar in your Upsales account. Here's how.
- Click your profile image on the top-right of your screen, then click Settings
- Under My Profile, select Google Calendar or Office 365 on the left side (if the app is missing ask your administrator to install the app in the Upsales App directory)
- Click Activate
- Click Connect to Google Calendar or Connect to Office 365 Calendar
- You may be redirected to log in and authorize syncing
- Choose which appointment types to use. The appointment type sets what type of appointment your meetings should have when created in Google or Office 365 calendar and imported to your calendar in Upsales.
- Click Save
Create an appointment with an external contact, and it's synced to:
- your calendar
- the appointment list
- the contact timeline
- the customer card in Upsales. The same applies if a contact invites you to an appointment
Non-synced/external participants receive invitations (if you have their email addresses).
A new field in the appointment will also be visible: Agenda.
This is where you can write a greeting/agenda for other participants visible in the invitation. If a participant declines, their name still appears in the Upsales appointment.
Book an appointment in Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar without any participants, and it won't appear in Upsales.
How to include a Google Meet/Microsoft Teams link
Using Google Calendar automatically generates a Meet link, and using Office 365 automatically generates a Microsoft Teams link.
Once the appointment is made, the appointment link appears in Upsales.
The room selection for Appointments
When you book appointments in Upsales, you can book a room at the same time. Click the 'Rooms' tab any resources listed in Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar will appear:
Appointments made from Google Calendar or Office365 are not visible inside Upsales. However, you can view your availability from Google Calendar or Office365.
How to view your availability inside Upsales
- Open one of your appointments in your Upsales calendar
- Click your name in the appointment sidebar
- Upsales fetches your appointments in real-time and shows time slots where you are available for bookings.
Changing or deleting appointments
Only the organizer can change the date, time, place, agenda, company, participant, or description in Upsales.
Once the appointment has been passed through Upsales, dates and times are fixed. Need to change the date or time? Mark the created appointment outcome as "Not completed". Then create a follow-up appointment to book a new time.
Deleting an appointment in Upsales won’t delete it from Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar.
Receiving appointments from someone's Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar
If someone invites you to an appointment, Upsales automatically matches their email address and company. These details are then shown in your Upsales calendar.
If their email address isn't in Upsales, the appointment is created and visible in your Upsales calendar. It just means no email address or company name is shown.
Managing multiple email domains & addresses
Here's how Upsales manages this common question:
"My company uses multiple email domains and email addresses. How does the app handle it?
Let's use an example.
User 1 (you)
You have an Upsales license. Your Upsales username is: email@example.com
Your email addresses:
User 2 (your colleague, Johanna)
Johanna doesn't have an Upsales license.
Her email addresses:
The appointment will be synced to your Upsales account, which is registered to the domain exemple.se.
However, your colleague Johanna will not appear in the invitation. Upsales will see she has the same domain and is a colleague, but is not a registered Upsales user.
The appointment will be synced to your Upsales account because the different domain means Upsales sees Johanna as an external participant and not a colleague. An appointment will be created for her calendar, and her details will appear in the invitation.
You book an appointment in Office365 or Google Calendar with Johanna, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have another colleague (Lucas) who is a registered user in Upsales (their username is email@example.com). They are registered as your colleague, even though you have different domains (yours is @exemple.se, whereas Johanna's and Lucas's is @gbg.exempel.se)
Will the appointment be synced to Upsales?
The appointment will not be synced to Upsales. Upsales recognises that Johanna is a colleague of Tomas's because their domains are the same.