This means instead of the URL being www.pages.upsales.com/235092 you can now have your own domain, for example: http://www.my-domain/event-title-goes-here. Setting this up requires some DNS knowledge and you need to be able to access the DNS settings of the domain you'd like to use.
Setting up your domain settings
- First, you need to be an Marketing Administrator for your account to access these settings.
- Head to the settings of Upsales
- In the left sidebar, in the Marketing section, click the link named 'Domains'
- When entering this page you'll find settings for both your email domains as well as your Event domains. This article will focus on Event domains.
- Click the button named 'Add event domain'
- Enter the domain you'd like your event landing pages to get. For example: Entering upsales.com will make the URL to your event landing pages: www.pages.upsales.com/event-name-goes-here
- Click Save
- After saving you will find an info-icon in the right part of the row. Click it.
- You will now be presented with the following fields:
- Copy the content of these fields and enter in them DNS settings for the domain you've entered. This might look a bit different depending on what hosting service you use.
- Once you've entered the above information, go back to Upsales and click Verify.
- You are done.
Selecting a custom domain inside of your event
Custom domains for landing pages is only available in Upsales Events for now. This means you either need to be on the Upsales Max plan or having bought Upsales Events as an add-on for your package. Here's how you do it:
- Head to the marketing section of Upsales and click the tab named 'Events'.
- Once in the list of events, click the button named 'Add event'
- In the details section of your event you'll find a field named 'Custom landing page domain'. If you've entered your preferred domain and verified it as described in the steps above, you can now select this domain in the field drop down menu. If you haven't set it up, click the link named 'Configure custom domains' and you'll be taken to the settings page.
- Now, when adding a landing page as a resource in your event it will automatically use your custom domain along with the event name you enter.