This information is only relevant if you as a customer used the subscription functionality before march 2021. During March - April 2021, changes will be made to the way Upsales saves and presents ARR-changes. These changes and their consequences are outlined in this article.
1. ARR-changes are now saved instantly, meaning the company card information and all reports are now also updated instantly
This change is relatively straightforward.
All ARR-changes in reports were updated once per day. This meant that if you increased the ARR on one of your customers, that information would not be shown in reports until the following day.
ARR data is updated instantly.
2. Changes will no longer be merged if they occur closely after each other
Previously, ARR-changes were sometimes merged together. For example, if a new customer increased their ARR after 2 weeks, this would not be listed as one new customer and one expansion. Instead, the sum of these changes would be listed as a new customer, and no expansion would be visible. These merges seemed to mostly cause confusion among our users, and they have therefore been removed.
Now, all changes will be listed as they occur to provide a more clear history.
NOTE: Since changes will no longer be merged, and this is applied to historical data as well, previous ARR-changes per month/quarter/year might be altered, as changes are now listed separately, and might slide into the following/previous period.
3. Changes are now added based on the dates of the subscription.
Previously, changes were written based on different rules, and could not be changed later on. This meant that a faulty input could break the statistics, and it could not be edited.
Now, changes will be based on the dates of the agreement. This means that you as a Upsales user can edit faulty changes. ARR changes will be written by the following rules:
- New subscriptions will be logged on the date entered in the field “Initial start date”
- Canceled subscriptions will be logged on the date entered in the field “Termination date”
- Increases and decreases on existing subscriptions will be logged on the day they are made.
NOTE: Since the rules above differ from how changes were written before, previous ARR-changes per month/quarter/year might be altered, as changes are now listed based on the rules above, and might slide into the following/previous period.