You can add supplemental information to all of the companies and contacts you are about to import. The Import Settings step also allows you to indicate how to handle multiple matches and to indicate where to send a status email when your import has finished processing.
To adjust import settings, complete the following steps:
- If you want to add all of the contacts in the imported data to a campaign, select the Campaign from the Add contacts to campaign list.
- If you want to add all of the contacts in the imported data to a category, select the Category from the Add contacts to category list.
- If you want all of the contacts in the imported data to be marked with a manual opt-in, select the item from the Add contacts to manual opt-in list.
- To assign all of the companies in the imported data to an account manager, select the user form the Set as account manager list. Mark whether to Add the user as account manager or Set as sole account manager. You can mark this Only for new companies so that account managers are not changed for existing companies that are being updated via import.
- If you want to add all of the companies in the imported data to a campaign, select the Campaign from the Add company to campaign list.
- If you want to add all of the companies in the imported data to a category, select the Category from the Add company to category list.
- To add other shared information to all of the companies in the imported data, select Add company fields and select the field to add.
- Indicate what to do if Upsales encounters more than one match for a contact or company by selecting Create new or Skip row.
- Large import files can take some time. The last setting allows you to receive a status report to your email once the import is done. You can add additional email addresses or remove yours if you don’t want to receive the status via email.
- Once you’ve adjusted all of the import settings, select the Next: Review button to continue.
More than one match in the import file
If we find more than one company or contact that matches an instance in your CRM, you can choose to skip that row from your import file or make a duplicate instance.
For example; If you want to import a company that already has duplicates in the system, the import will create a third duplicate since it does not know what company to update.
Tip! Top prevent this behaviour you can choose to "skip row". Then no duplicate will be created and no data from that row will be imported.