To upload a file and map the information for importing data, complete the following steps:
- On the Import Data screen, drag and drop or locate your prepared spreadsheet (in .xls, .xlsx or .csv format) to the Upload file area.
Note: You will receive an error message if you attempt to upload the wrong file type. If so, click on the Upload box or drag and drop and new file with the correct format (in .xls, .xlsx or .csv format).For each column in the spreadsheet you uploaded, Upsales displays the column and example data from your file to allow you to match it to a CRM field in Upsales.
- For each column, select a matching field from the Import to field in CRM drop down list. Once matched, the column header is green.
- If there are any columns in the upload that you don’t want to import, select Don’t Import.
- The Use for Matching toggle can help ensure that you do not import duplicates for the associated field. For example, if you select Use for Matching on Company name, Upsales will check if the company name in your import file matches any company name in Upsales. If a match is found, the imported information is added to that match. We suggest that you match on a Company ID for Companies, and the contact’s email for contacts.
- Once you’ve connect all of the columns, select the Next: Settings button to continue.