Prerequisite: Your admin creates the appointment types on the Activity & Appointment Types settings page.
The Appointments list helps you manage your Upsales appointments. Create a new appointment to add to your Appointments list.
To create a new appointment, complete the following steps:
- Select Add appointment from the top of the Appointments list. You can also create appointments in context from other areas in Upsales (such as from the company card).
- Enter or select the Start date and time for the appointment.
- Enter or select the End date and time for the appointment.
- Enter a Description to provide more information about the appointment.
- Select the Company from the Company list. You can begin typing the company name to narrow down the list of options.
Your name is added to the Participants list by default. You can add other participants as follows:
- To add contacts from the selected company, begin typing the person’s name to narrow down the list of options and select the Contact from the list.
- You can also select New contact to add a contact for the selected company.
- To add other users, select Users and choose the colleague who should also join this appointment.
- For the location, select one of the Company’s listed addresses from the Location drop-down list or enter a new address.
- Change the default Appointment type, if necessary, by selecting a new option from the drop-down list. The appointment type that the admin set up as “First” will show on the Sales board.
- If the appointment is related to a specific Campaign, select it from the drop-down list. Or select New to create a new campaign on the fly.
- If the appointment is related to a specific Opportunity, select it from the drop-down list. Or select New to create a new opportunity for this company on the fly.
- When creating a new appointment for a future date and time, the Outcome defaults to Planned. If the date of the appointment has passed, you'll see the question How did the appointment go? Make a selection to indicate the appointment outcome. You can read more about appointment outcomes here, or about how to turn off the appointment outcome notifications here.
- Insert your signature and any notes.
- Upload any relevant files.
- Select Save.