The Opportunities list helps you manage your Upsales potential orders. Create a new opportunity to add to your Opportunities list. Opportunities also show on the Sales Board, depending on your configuration.
Prerequisite: Your admin creates the products on the Products settings page.
This article includes information on:
- Create a new opportunity
- Uploading a File
- Creating a Copy of an Opportunity
- Creating Related Documents
Also, see related articles:
Create a new opportunity
To create a new opportunity, complete the following steps:
- Select Add opportunity from the top of the Opportunities list. You can also create opportunities in context from other areas in Upsales (such as from the company card).
- Select the Company from the Company list. You can begin typing the company name to narrow down the list of options.
- Select the Contact from the Contact list for the selected company. You can begin typing the person’s name to narrow down the list of options.
- Enter a Description to provide more information about the opportunity.
- Enter or select a proposed Close date.
- The default stage for a new opportunity is shown. Your organization may customize these stages, but the default stages are:
- Fallback - indicates uncertainty about the outcome of this opportunity. It may also be used if you haven’t yet set the next step for this company. Opportunities with this stage show on the first column of the Sales board.
- Prospect 1 - could indicate that the contact is ready to move forward after the first appointment.
- Prospect 2 - could indicate that you’ve met with the decision maker and agreed to the price and time frame. The customer is ready to move forward with the sale.
- Verbal agreement - could indicate that the sale is pending contract signing.
- Completed - no order - indicates that the customer decided not to buy.
- Completed - order - indicates a closed sale.
- The Probability field is pre-filled, based on your stage selection, but can be modified to show how likely the opportunity will become a closed sale.
- You can select a Relation if the company has one in the database. Or select New Relation to enter a new one.
- If the opportunity is related to a specific Campaign, select it from the drop-down list.
- Enter one or more Order rows.
- Select one of your Products from the drop-down list.
- You can modify the Quantity, Price, and Discount for the item as needed.
See related article: Adding discounts on a product with a price of zero
- Select Add order row to enter additional products for this opportunity.
- You can select another user from the drop-down list next to the currently signed in user name (at the top) to indicate another sales representative for this opportunity.
- Insert your signature and any notes.
- Select Save.
Uploading a File
You can upload one or more files, such as a contract, to attach to an opportunity.
To upload a file to an opportunity, complete the following steps:
- Open the opportunity from the Opportunities list or the Sales Board.
- Select Upload file.
- Drag the file to the Upload file window or select Upload to navigate to the file location and select it.
- Select Save.
When you close the Upload file window, the Opportunity remains open. You can upload multiple files to one opportunity. You can view the list of attached files on the Files tab of the opportunity. Select a file to view it or download it, depending on the file type.
Creating a Copy of an Opportunity
You can create a copy of an opportunity to start a new item just like it for repeat orders or even similar product orders for different companies.
To create a copy of an opportunity, complete the following steps:
- Open the opportunity.
- Select Create copy.
- The Create opportunity screen opens. All of the fields are pre-filled with the details of the copied opportunity, but you can change any of the details you set in a new opportunity.
- Select Save.
Creating Related Documents
Prerequisite: Your admin creates document templates, like letters, proposals or contracts, on the Document templates settings page and indicates where you can access those templates.
To create a document, complete the following steps:
- Select Create document (from the open opportunity, order, or other item where you can use templates).
- Select the type of document template (set up by your admin) from the list.
- From the document window, you can:
- Download a PDF of the document.
- Document a Word file of the document.
- Send an email with the document attached (if you have activated Upsales email).
- Zoom in or out on the document.
- Navigate through multiple pages of the document.
- Select Close to close the document template window.