The Orders list helps you manage your Upsales closed and lost orders. Change an opportunity to a closed status to add it to your Orders list. Or create a new order from scratch without having to start from an opportunity.
Prerequisite: Your admin creates the products on the Products settings page.
This article includes information on:
- Creating a new order
- Uploading a file
- Creating a copy of an order
- How to send the order to customers
Also, read related articles:
Creating a New Order
To create a new order, complete the following steps:
- Select Create order from the top of the Orders list.
- Select the Company from the Company list. You can begin typing the company name to narrow down the list of options.
- Select the Contact from the Contact list for the selected company. You can begin typing the person’s name to narrow down the list of options.
- Enter a Description to provide more information about the order.
- Enter or select a proposed Close date.
- The default stage for a new order is shown. An order can only have either a Completed - order stage (Probability 100%) or a Completed - no order stage (Probability 0%).
- You can select a Relation if the company has one in the database. Or select New Relation to enter a new one.
- If the order is related to a specific Campaign, select it from the drop-down list.
- Enter one or more Order rows.
- Select one of your Products from the drop-down list.
- You can modify the Quantity, Price, and Discount for the item as needed.
See related article: Adding discounts on a product with a price of zero
- Select Add order row to enter additional products for this opportunity.
- You can select another user from the drop-down list next to the currently signed in user name (at the top) to indicate another sales representative for this order.
- Insert your signature and any notes.
- Select Save.
Uploading a File
You can upload one or more files, such as a contract, to attach to an order.
To upload a file to an order, complete the following steps:
- Open the order from the Orders list or the Sales Board.
- Select Upload file.
- Drag the file to the Upload file window or select Upload to navigate to the file location and select it.
- Select Save.
When you close the Upload file window, the Order remains open. You can upload multiple files to one order. You can view the list of attached files on the Files tab of the order. Select a file to view it or download it, depending on the file type.
Creating a Copy of an Order
You can create a copy of an order to start a new opportunity or order just like it for repeat orders or even similar product orders for different companies.
To create a copy of an order, complete the following steps:
- Open the order.
- Select Create copy.
- The Create opportunities screen opens. All of the fields are pre-filled with the details of the copied order, but you can change any of the details you set in a new opportunity.
- Select Save.
How do I send the order to my customer?
To send an order to your customer, you have two choices: