This article will guide you through the process of importing your data from another service, whether you log into that service through Upsales to complete the import or use an API key or token to complete the import.
To import data from another service, complete the following steps:
- Select your service.
- Depending on the service where your data is located, choose one of the following:
- Connect to your service with your API credentials.
- Log in to your service directly. Simply enter your user name and password for that service.
- If you have multiple currencies in your other service, select one Base Currency from the drop down list to use in Upsales. If you use multiple currencies in your other service, Upsales will use the current day’s exchange rates to convert other currencies.
- On the next page, confirm the sync details and select Next. Companies, contacts and orders will be imported into Upsales.
- The sync begins, and you’ll receive a notification when the import process has completed.
Connecting to a Service with API
To connect to another service for importing data, complete the following steps:
- Locate your API key. The method varies for each service. Check with that service for instructions on locating your API or Token.
- Enter your API key or Token on the Upsales import page.
- For some services, you may also need to enter a Company Domain. You can find this information in the URL of your account using that service. For example if your URL for using Pipedrive CRM is mycompany.pipedrive.com, mycompany is your Company Domain.
- Continue with the import process.
Locating Your API
For importing data from services that are connected via an API key, the following resources will help you locate your API.