We recommend that you set up a segment that includes contacts you want to invite before creating a new event to simplify inviting your guests. Note that for the event guest list, the segment is not dynamically updated, so once contacts are invited to the event, they stay on the event guest list, even if they later no longer match the segment filters.
Begin the process by selecting Add Event on the Events list
Define the Event Details
The event details will be used on the resources for this event.
- Enter the Public event name, which is the name that contacts you invite will see.
- If your Marketing Administrator has set up the option to use custom domains for your event landing page, select the domain from the drop down list.
- Add the Start and End date and time for the event.
- Enter an Internal event name as the name that will show on your event lists.
- Enter a Registration score to define the marketing score added to a contact for registering for this event.
- Enter a Check-in score to define the marketing score added to a contact for attending this event.
- Enter a Description for your event, which is the information that contacts you invite will see.
- Select the Event type as Venue & location or Webinar.
- For a Venue & location event:
- Enter the Venue name for the location where the event will be held. Contacts you invite will see the Venue name.
- Enter the Address for the location where the event will be held. Contacts you invite will see the Address.
- For a Webinar:
- If you have an integrated Zoom Webinar for Upsales account, select Zoom. The webinar link will be created in Zoom and will appear on your resources and automated emails. The customer's status will be updated in Upsales when they attend the webinar.
- Otherwise, select Other and enter the URL for the webinar.
- If desired, enter the Total number of seats to define how many people can attend this event. If you limit the number of seats, you can also define a Message when the event is full and Enable a waiting list.
- Select Next step Add contacts in the top right corner to continue.
Select the contacts you’d like to invite to the event.
- To use a saved segment, select the Segment from the drop down list. Then select Add contacts.
- Or select contacts individually. Click the Select contacts one-by-one link and begin typing the contact’s name. Select the contact’s name from the list of matching contacts. You can select Add contacts to invite additional contacts one-by-one or using a segment.
- Whether you add contacts individually or using a segment, you can work with the contacts on the guest list.
- Select Next step Planning in the top right corner to continue.
Create Automated Resources for Your Event
You can create resources for your event, including:
- Landing pages & forms
- Automated emails
- Select Next step Launch to review and launch your event.
On the final screen of the event set up:
- Review your event name and date.
- Edit your guest list and review any email address errors.
- When the invitations and resources are ready, select Launch your event.