Use forms when you already have a web page and you want to embed a form for your visitors, such as for a newsletter sign up or when providing additional information in exchange for the person’s contact information.
To create a new form, complete the following steps:
- Select New form or landing page from the top of the Submits or Forms list.
- Select Form.
The form properties are on the right panel, and you can preview the form on the left.
- Enter the form Name to help you identify this form when using it.
- Enter the Title for the text that shows at the top of the form.
- Enter a Description to add a few lines of text on the form below the Title.
- The Button text defaults to Send, but you can change it so the button shows different text.
- The Spam protect with reCAPTCHA toggle is enabled by default to add Goggle’s reCAPTCHA validation to the form. This validation asks your form users a few questions that reCAPTCHA considers that only humans can answer correctly. The reCAPTCHA will use the user’s browser language for the validation, regardless of which language you use on your form.
- Add at least one Action to indicate what Upsales should do when someone submits this form.
- The default action Add score to contact will add the number of points in the box to the contact’s lead score. You can change the score that gets added when the contact completes this form.
Select Add action to choose additional actions to be performed by this form. You can add multiple actions.
- Depending on the action you select, you will provide additional information. For example, you could have a sales rep automatically assigned when someone completes this form. In this case, you would select Assign as the action. Then you can choose a specific User or by Role and check the Always assign to account manager if possible box.
- Select Save action to complete the action.
To add additional fields to your form to collect information from your visitors, select Add field and select the field. You can choose from standard fields or any custom fields that have been created for your account.
You can expand the field using the arrow to the right of the fields that have been added to your form. You’ll be able to indicate whether the field is required, change the field label text, and delete the field if you want to remove it from your form. For the email field, you can require a business email address.
You can define the style by selecting the Style tab. On the Style tab, you can define the following using hex color codes:
- Text color
- Link color
- Button Text color
- Button Background color
- Background color
On the form preview, select the Thank-you page tab to define what displays after the contact submits the form.
Select Image, Video, Text, File download, Button or External page to define the content that displays after the contact submits the form. You’ll provide additional information about the content, depending on the type of content you selected.
When using Text content, you can change the font to a custom font you have provided in your company profile.
You can select Clear Column to choose a different type of content.
Now you can publish and work with the form.