Creating a New Subscription
Prerequisite: Your admin creates the products on the Products settings page.
To create a new subscription, complete the following steps:
- Select Create subscription from the top of the Subscriptions list.
- Select the Order frequency from the drop down list.
- Select the Period length for the subscription from the drop down list.
- Enter the Initial start date for the subscription.
- Enter the Start date for the current period.
- Enter the Renewal date based on the period length. You can also increase or decrease the amount of time, such as when you want to give the customer an extra month.
- Enter the Termination date to indicate when Upsales should stop automatically generating orders for this subscription.
- Enter a Description to provide more information about the subscription.
- Insert your signature and any notes.
- Select Next.
- Select the Company from the Company list. You can begin typing the company name to narrow down the list of options.
- You can select a Relation if the company has one in the database.
- Select the Contact from the Contact list for the selected company. You can begin typing the person’s name to narrow down the list of options.
- You can select another User from the drop down list to indicate another sales representative for this subscription.
- Enter or select a proposed Close date.
- If the subscription is related to a specific Campaign, select it from the drop down list.
- Enter one or more Order rows.
- Select one of your Products from the drop down list.
- You can modify the Quantity, Price, and Discount for the item as needed.
- Select Add order row to enter additional products for this subscription.
- Select Save.