Best practice – Insights for S&R companies
KPI:s for Staffing & Recruiting
Contrary to typical cut-and-dry sales teams, staffing and recruiting consists of more than just closing deals and calling it a day. As soon as a deal is made, or a contract is done, a project starts.
These projects need maintaining and an easy way to visualize initiated and completed assignments in order to secure a steady revenue stream for the foreseeable future. This measurement point is also a great key result indicator as it will show dips in the past, which allows for detecting a potential risk.
Upsales’ open source API allows for third-party systems to be connected via integrations. Staffing & Recruiting is one of Upsales’ biggest industries where we have built countless connections between our platform and staffing tools such as Intelliplan and eBemanning (PrimeLink). Thanks to seamless integrations like this these, S&R companies are able to focus on sales and marketing in Upsales while using said third-party applications for delivery (staffing) purposes.
Typically, the setup looks something like this:
- An opportunity is created in Upsales (25-90%)
- Turnover shows the entire deal size
- -> opportunity is "Approved" (90%)
- -> opportunity is "Appointed" (99%)
- Start & End date is added to display the duration of the assignment
- -> opportunity is closed -> This is called the "Margin" -stage
- -> Turnover and Margin is displayed in Insights for Staffing & Recruiting
- Turnover in, Margin in
- Turnover out, Margin out
- Assignments initiated
- Assignments completed
Typical S&R clients use/measure...
- Ongoing engagements
- Started and completed engagements
- Net Sales Margins from started contra completed engagements
- Agreed orders (usually a 99% order stage)
- Filled positions (100%)
- Hitrate from
- Appointment -> Opportunity
- Opportunity -> Closed Deal