If you are an EduAdmin customer, you can take advantage of the EduAmin app to integrate your course administration with your Upsales account. This simplifies your work flow for updating information in Upsales related to events, course campaigns and participants.
Prerequisite: You must be an EduAdmin customer. You'll need to obtain the API user name and password from your EduAdmin account. Refer to EduAdmin's documentation for help finding your API credentials.
This article explains the process the administrator uses to connect EduAdmin with Upsales and define the category type for the integration. It also provides additional information on the EduAdmin - Upsales workflow.
This article will cover:
Activating the EduAdmin App
You’ll need to have the role of administrator to access the app directory and activate apps for your team.
To activate the EduAdmin app, complete the following steps:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select App directory.
- From the Apps screen, select EduAmin.
- On the EduAdmin screen, select Activate.
Once the app is activated, the Settings tab opens.
- Enter your Username for EduAmin.
- Enter your Password for EduAdmin.
- Enter a Contact Category to use for EduAdmin categories. You can find the Contact Categories that are created under Extra Categories if you need to make changes later.
- Select which categories to sync from EduAdmin: Parent categories and/or sub-categories.
- Select Save.
Using the EduAdmin - Upsales Integration
Upon app initialization customers, participants/contacts, courses/campaigns, and configured categories will sync to Upsales.
Once you have set up the integration between EduAdmin and Upsales, each course that you create in EduAdmin will create a campaign in Upsales.
Upsales adds the participants from EduAdmin as contacts in Upsales, and are tagged with the associated campaign and category for the course. If there is an associated company that is not already in Upsales, the company will be added as well.
Upsales syncs the information between EduAdmin and Upsales every hour for new or updated course and participant information.
Fields that are synced:
- Start date
- End date
- Mobile phone