Customer Journey statuses enable you to automate and track leads throughout their journeys towards becoming customers. You can configure the criteria for two of the customer journey statuses (the rest are automatically applied). You can also determine whether to sync company and contact statuses.
This article covers:
- opening the customer journey settings
- syncing contact and company status
- configuring journey statuses
Opening the Customer Journey Page
- Click your profile image in the top-right corner of your Upsales screen, and click Settings:
- From the left-hand menu, click Account>Business Rules.
- Select Journey.
Syncing contact and company status
You can choose whether to have a contact's journey status apply to the contact's entire company.
- Sync on... when a contact is representing the entire company. When you close a deal and the contact's status becomes Customer, the company and every contact at that company becomes a customer.
- Sync off... when a contact isn't representing the entire company. They may be representing one department where you have closed a deal. However, there may be other departments that you haven't closed a deal with.
Configuring the Marketing Qualified Lead or Lost Customer Status
Note: Accounts using the Marketing Automation add-on can only set one criteria rule for each configurable status. With an additional add-on, you can enable multiple rules for their MQL. Contact Upsales to find out more.
To configure the Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) status or the Lost Customer status, complete the following steps:
- Select the Marketing Qualified Lead or Lost Customer status to open the criteria. Or if you have one rule active and can set multiple rules, select New Criteria.
- You have the option to change the Status name:
- Toggle the Active button to activate or deactivate the status.
- Determine whether these criteria will apply to companies and/or contacts who match all the criteria or any of the criteria.
- Select either Contacts or Companies to define the criteria you want to use.
- For some criteria you can add Is/Is Not rules. Click on Is/Is not to toggle.
- Select criteria from the dropdown list.
- To remove a rule, click X on the right-hand side.
- Under Actions, you'll see the default action. This changes when your contacts/companies meet your criteria:
- To add more actions, click Actions.
- Choose from the list:
- Complete the relevant fields and click Save action:
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen, and you're ready!