The Twilio app allows you to send SMS text reminders for appointments scheduled in Upsales.
Prerequisite: You will need your Twilio Auth Token and AccountSid, which can find in your Twilio console.
This article explains the process the administrator uses to connect Twilio with Upsales and define the message that will be sent for reminders. It also provides additional information on the Twilio-Upsales integration.
This article will cover:
Activating the Twilio App
You'll need to have the role of administrator to access the app directory and activate apps for your team.
To activate the Twilio app, complete the following steps:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select App directory.
- From the Apps screen, select Twilio.
- On the Twilio screen, select Activate.
Once the app is activated, the Settings tab opens.
- Enter a number to indicate how many Hours before a scheduled meeting you would like the reminders sent.
- Enter your Twilio Auth Token.
- Enter your Twilio AccountSid.
- Once your account is connected, you can select the Phone Number (From) from the drop down list to indicate which number will show as the From number when reminder messages are sent.
- Enter the Message text to send in reminders. Note that you can use dynamic tags to include specific information from the appointment, such as the contact name.
- Select Save.
Using the Twilio-Upsales Integration
Once you have set up the integration between Twilio and Upsales, you can open a saved appointment to send reminders to participants.
To send SMS reminders for an appointment, complete the following steps:
- Open the saved appointment.
- Select the Send Reminders button, which appears on the left side of the appointment screen until the Twilio logo.
- Select Remind Participants. Once you have scheduled a reminder, you can also Cancel it if necessary.
- Save the appointment.