Have you got companies you no longer want to sell to, but still want to keep the historical data? You can deactivate the company.
This article covers:
- How to make a company inactive
- What happens after a company is inactive
- How to reactivate an inactive company
How to make a company inactive
- Open the company card of the company you want to set as inactive.
- Click the edit icon:
- The company settings screen will appear. At the bottom of that screen, you will see a toggle labelled "This company is active". Set that to off and click Save.
- The inactive company screen will appear with a few options:
- You can make all company contacts inactive
- If you have Customer Journey, you can set the company status to Disqualified
- If you have several stages with the probability set to 0, you can choose the stage you want to move open opportunities to
- You can also add a reason for making the company inactive
- Type the company name as stated and click inactivate. The company is now inactive. You can still access historical data, such as sales, appointments, and activities
What happens after a company is set as inactive
When you set a company as inactive:
- All open activities will be closed
- All opportunities will be moved to a stage with a probability of zero (0). If you have several stages with probability 0, you can choose which one you want to move opportunities to
- You can no longer create entities or perform actions on an inactive company
- All other information, such as sales or appointments, remains available
- On search results and on the company card an inactive company is labelled as inactive.
How to reactivate an inactive company
You can reactivate a company at any time:
- Go to the company card you wish to activate.
- Click on the edit icon on the top right-hand side.
- The company settings screen will appear. On the bottom of the screen, there is a toggle labelled "This company is inactive". Set that to On and click Save.