If you have companies you no longer want to sell to but want to keep the historical data, you can inactivate the company rather than deleting it.
This article covers
- How to inactivate a company.
- How to activate a company again.
- What happens when you inactivate a company.
Set company as inactive
- Open the company card of the company you want to set as inactive.
- Click on the edit icon on the upper right-hand corner of the company card.
- The companies settings screen will appear. At the bottom of that screen, you will see a toggle labeled "This company is active". Set that to off and click Save.
- The inactive company screen will appear with a few options.
- You can choose to inactivate all the contacts the company has.
- If you have Customer Journey, you can choose to set the companies status to Disqualified.
- If you have several stages with the probability set to 0. You can choose what stage you want to move open opportunities to.
- You can also set the reason for inactivating the company. Useful to let your team know why the company is inactivated.
- Type the companies name as stated and click inactivate. The company is now inactive. All historical data, such as sales, appointments, and activities is still available.
Reactivate an inactive company
You can reactivate a company again at any time. To do so follow these steps.
- Go to the company card you wish to activate.
- Click on the edit icon on the top right-hand side.
- The companies settings screen will appear. On the bottom of the screen, there is a toggle labeled "This company is inactive". Set that to On and click Save.
What happens when a company is set as inactive?
When you set a company as inactive, the following will happens:
- All open activities will be closed.
- All opportunities will be moved to a stage with a probability of zero(0). If you have several stages with probability 0, you can choose which one you want to move opportunities to.
- You can no longer create entities or perform actions on an inactive company.
- All other information, such as sales or appointments, is left as is.
- On search results and on the company card an inactive company is labeled as inactive.
When adding a new company you will see existing companies that are inactive.