With the Upsales Office 365 Mail app, you can create emails in Outlook and sync information to Upsales, send emails within Upsales, and view Upsales company and contact information from your Outlook account.
1) Email bounces show in your Office 365 inbox, not in Upsales.
2) Opening the email in your sent folder counts towards your open rate (as an open event).
This article covers:
How to install:
How to use Outlook add-in:
Activating the Office 365 Mail app
- Select Settings in the top-right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select App directory.
- From the Apps list, select Office 365 Mail.
- On the Office 365 Mail screen, select Activate.
- Select Accept terms to continue.
- Press Sign in with Microsoft
- Click Save
The Office 365 Mail has been activated.
Install Upsales add-in for Outlook
Outlook web version
Select an email from the list and click on “...” at the top right corner, then select “Get Add-ins” from the displayed context menu:
Open the My add-ins tab. Select “add custom add-in from url”
Users: Pairing user accounts with Outlook
To pair your Outlook account with the Upsales Office 365 Mail app, complete the following steps:
- In your Outlook account, select the icon to the right of an email message.
- From the menu, select Upsales.
- A pop-up will appear. Select Login to log in to your Upsales account.
Please note: Make sure your browser is set to allow cookies from third-party sources. This can usually be enabled in the privacy and security settings.
4. After logging in, the Set up your Outlook with Upsales information displays with the Pairing Code to the right of your Outlook window.
5. Here's how to enter the pairing code in Upsales:
- Select the Settings icon in the top-right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select App directory.
- From the My profile list, select Office 365 Mail.
- On the Outlook pairing screen, enter the Pairing code from step 4.
- Select Save.
- Click Done in Outlook client.
Using the Outlook app
- In your Outlook account, click the icon to the right of an email message.
This opens the Upsales pane, where you can complete the following Upsales tasks from your Outlook account:
- Logging an email as a closed activity
- Adding a new contact and company
- Viewing company card, contact cards and opportunity highlights
Logging an email
To log an email as a closed activity, simply select Log email from the Upsales pane in your Outlook window.
Emails are available from the Activity history on the Company card.
Adding a new contact
When you receive an email to your Outlook account (paired to your Upsales account), Upsales will attempt to match the email address to your contact's database.
If no contact is found, here's how to add the contact:
- Select the icon to the right of the email message to open the Upsales pane.
- Enter the contact's First name and Last name.
- Enter the contact's Company name.
- Select Create company and contact.
Viewing company and contact card highlights
When composing a new email in Outlook, the add-in tries to match the email address to an existing contact.
This is to display the Contact information, Company information, and links to any open opportunities.
You then have easy access to contact information.