It's possible to use the value from a custom Calculating Field as the order/opportunity value. Find out how in this article.
To use a custom Calculating field as order value, you need first to have created a Calculating field.
View Martin's video on setting up calculating fields as order value:
This article will cover:
- Opening Products in Settings
- Add new product category
- Enable custom order value
- Adding existing products to product category
Opening Products in Settings
To set up a custom Calculating Field as order value, open Products in Settings
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select Settings.
- From the left-hand menu, select Products from the CRM section.
Add new product category
Custom order value is enabled on product category. To create a a new product category, follow the steps below. If you already have a product category with products in it, move on to Enable custom order value.
- Click New product category
- Name the category, we named our category Development
- To enable custom order value you may do this step. Simply click the drop-down menu named Enable Custom order value and select a calculating field (that you've previously created)
- Click Save
- Now you've created a new product category and enabled custom order value. All in one go! As a reward, you may jump to Adding existing products to product category
Enable custom order value
Follow steps below to enable custom order value to an already created product category.
- In Products, click the grey bar of the product category to edit it.
- To enable custom order value for this product category, click the drop-down menu named Enable Custom order value and select a calculating field (that you've previously created).
- Click Save.
- Well done! Custom order value is now enabled for this product category.
Adding existing products to product category
- To add products existing products to this product category, click the desired product to edit it.
- Select Place under category and from the drop-down menu, select the product category for which you enabled custom order value.
- Click Save
- Congratulations! You have now added an existing product to your product category.