It's possible to use the value from a custom Calculating Field as the order/opportunity value. Find out how in this article.
To use a custom Calculating field as order value, first create a Calculating field.
View Martin's video on setting up calculating fields as order value:
This article covers:
- Opening Products in Settings
- Add new product category
- Enable custom order value
- Adding existing products to product category
Opening Products in Settings
- Click Settings → CRM → Products:
Add new product category
Already have a product category with products in it? Jump down to Enable custom order value.
- Click New product category
- Name the category, we named our category Development
- To enable custom order value you may do this step. Simply click the drop-down menu named Enable Custom order value and select a calculating field (that you've previously created)
- Click Save
- Now you've created a new product category and enabled custom order value. All in one go! As a reward, you may jump to Adding existing products to product category
Enable custom order value
Below shows how to enable custom order value to a previously created calculating field.
- In Products, click the grey bar of the product category to edit it.
- To enable custom order value for this product category, click the drop-down menu named Enable Custom order value and select your calculating field
- Click Save.
- That's it! Custom order value is now enabled for this product category.
Adding existing products to product category
- To add products existing products to this product category, click the desired product to edit it.
- Select Place under category and from the drop-down menu, select the product category for which you enabled custom order value.
- Click Save
- Congratulations! You have now added an existing product to your product category.