Create Hotel Bookings from Upsales Orders
The Clock-Upsales integration allows you to use Clock PMS Suite to create hotel room and meeting room bookings related to your Upsales opportunities. When the event is closed, the Upsales order is updated with the final actual amount spent.
This article explains the process the administrator uses to connect Clock with Upsales and define the default settings for the integration. It also provides additional information on the Upsales-Clock workflow.
This article will cover:
Activating the Clock App
You'll need to have the role of administrator to access the app directory and activate apps for your team.
To activate the Clock app, complete the following steps:
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Click on Apps.
- From the Apps screen, click on Clock app.
- On the Clock screen, click on Activate.
Defining the Clock App Settings
Once you activate the app, the Clock App Settings are displayed. These settings connect Clock to your Upsales account and define the defaults for the information connected through the integration.
To define the Clock App settings, complete the following steps:
- Obtain the following information from your Clock account and enter it into Upsales:
- The Clock API user name
- The Clock API access key
- The Clock base API URL
- The Clock PMS API URL
- Create an API key and enter it for the Upsales API key.
- Select one of your Opportunity stages from the drop down list to indicate which opportunities should be exported to Clock.
- Select one of your Products from the drop down list to indicate how Upsales should categorize room charges added to the order in Clock. If you do not want to import room charges from Clock, leave this field blank.
- Select one of your Products from the drop down list to indicate how Upsales should categorize catering charges added to the order in Clock. If you do not want to import catering charges from Clock, leave this field blank.
- Select one of your Products from the drop down list to indicate h ow Upsales should categorize any additional charges added to the order in Clock. If you do not want to import additional charges from Clock, leave this field blank.
- Select Save to save your integration settings.
- The Notification URL will be generated. You will need to send the generated URL to email@example.com.
Using the Clock-Upsales Integration
To use the Clock integration, complete the following steps:
- Create an opportunity, including:
- Select the Product for your order.
- Select the number of days (Days count) for the event to create in Clock.
- Select the number of rooms (Rooms count) for the event to create in Clock.
- Enter the price per room.
- Save the order.
- The order amount will be automatically updated with the correct price for the number of days and rooms you indicated.
- When the event is completed and the updated information is sent to Upsales, the price information will be updated based on the actual room price, days count and rooms count.