The Find Duplicates feature searches your database every night and finds companies and contacts that look like duplicates based on different parameters.
Find duplicates works with fewer than 50,000 companies & contacts.
Administrators can review suspected duplicates and choose to either merge contacts/companies, ignore suggestions or delete both contacts/companies.
This article covers:
- How to remove/merge duplicates
- Reviewing duplicates
- How to choose an action for each duplicate
- How matches are made
How to remove/merge duplicates:
Click Sales & CRM → Companies & contacts and click Duplicates:
This shows the potential duplicates. Below's example shows a duplicate of Upsales:
When opening the Duplicates list, Administrators will see suggestions of duplicates to merge.
How merging suggestions are calculated:
The contact with recent and most activities, meetings, opportunities, and orders will be considered the master. When merging, data from duplicates will be added to the master. If there's data on both master and duplicate, only master data will be saved.
A company with a D-U-N-S number is considered the master.
- If none of the duplicate companies have a D-U-N-S number, the master company is the company with the most contacts, activities, appointments, opportunities, and orders.
When merging, data from duplicates will be added to the master. If there is data on both master and duplicate, only master data will be saved.
How to choose an action for each duplicate
Click on contact/company in the list to show information on what data will be kept and what data will be deleted, if merged.
Then click to:
- Merge: Accept the suggestion based on the hierarchy explained above.
- Ignore: Do not do any action and keep suspected duplicates.
- Delete: Delete both duplicates
Click Okay to confirm changes.
How matches are made
For contacts, matches are made based on name and email address. For companies, matches are made mainly based on company names.