Winning deals is not easy, and sometimes you need to negotiate to win the deal. This will consequently affect the subscription, with discounts or free months at start or even signing longer contracts with a gradual price increase throughout the subscription
To set up subscriptions to support these situations, you’ll have to split the subscription into different periods.
How to plan a change in a subscription
- Choose Advanced scheduling template for your subscription
- Click on the plan a change button:
- The subscription will create a new period called upcoming period that can be adjusted separately:
At the top, choose when the subscription should take effect from, and when the order period should start.
For the current period (the first period of the subscription), adjust the length of the period, the order interval and when orders should be created.
Add the products and potential discounts to the orders in the period.
- Make the same settings for the upcoming period and select whether that period should be automatically renewed or terminated after the end of the period. You can also add a notice period to the subscription in the upcoming period.
- Use the preview graph to ensure your subscription is correctly added:
Learn more about how to set up advanced subscriptions with discounts or terms that change during the subscription here.