The Upsales App directory helps users discover apps. The apps published are ones that our review team determine to be high-quality, reliable, and useful.
You can distribute your apps without using the App Directory, but listing on the Directory can boost visibility and usage.
In this guide, we'll help you prepare your app for submission to the App directory and outline that submission and review process. We'll also show you how you should maintain your listing after a successful review.
Preparing your app for submission
The process for getting apps published in the App Directory involves a manual review by our App Directory team. They will ensure that your app meets the quality and utility standards of App Directory apps.
Check your app is suitable
Before we go further, it's important to note that there are some types of apps that our users are more interested in than others:
- ERP integrations
- E-sign integrations
- File storage integration
- Phone integration
This list is not exhaustive - the App Directory team may use their judgment to deny any app from being listed - but it's useful to know upfront when your app is suitable.
Build your app
1. Create a test account in Upsales
3. Create a great user experience
Checklist before submitting
- My app doesn’t infringe on any trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights
- My app does not use “Upsales” in its name other than to note itself as a third-party integration (for example, "My Service for Upsales" is okay, but "My Upsales Service" is not)
- My app doesn’t have the same name as another app currently listed in the App Directory
- My app has a high-quality, distinctive icon that doesn’t resemble the Upsales icon
- My app has a short description of how it works and what it does (10 words or fewer is ideal) in English
- My app has a clear, detailed, and truthful long description of what it does in English
- I’ve provided accurate pricing information for my app. (If your app is associated with a paid service that’s required for the app to function)
- I agree to keep my app updated and my support channel active
Submitting your app for review
When you're done with the preparation of your app you're ready to send your app for review.
Submit your app for review to email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Confirm that you completed everything in the checklist above
- Included a video link to a video that clearly explains how to use your app with Upsales.
- Test account details for your service: If an account or paid plan is required to access your app, please provide test account details for us. Providing an account with some test data will help us test more quickly.