Connect your Google or Microsoft 365 calendar to book appointments and send invites through your Upsales CRM.
Appointments will also be visible on customer cards.
This article covers:
- Activating Google Calendar/Office 365 with Upsales
- Inviting participants
- How to include a Google Meet/Microsoft Teams link
- How to create appointments in Upsales without inviting participants
- Changing/deleting appointments
- Receiving appointments from someone's Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar
- Managing multiple email addresses & domains
Activating Google Calendar/Office 365 with Upsales
Creating appointments in Upsales using Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar only works if you have activated Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar in your Upsales account. Here's how.
- Activate the Google/O365 add-on
- Click Settings → My Profile, select Google Calendar or Office 365:
- Click Activate
- Click Connect to Google Calendar or Connect to Office 365 Calendar
- You may be redirected to login and authorise syncing
- Choose which appointment type to use. The appointment type sets what type of appointment your meetings should have when created in Google or Office 365 calendar and imported to your calendar in Upsales.
- Click Save
Important things to know when syncing to Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar
1. Appointments are synced in Upsales & Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar from the day you sync and three months onwards
2. Attendees at appointments created in Upsales before the app was installed aren't synced to Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar. All other information is synced
3. 2FA/MFA is supported for Google Calendar and Office 365 Calendar
4. The integration doesn't support full day recurring events booked in Google Calendar
5. Syncing is done with your default/main calendar
6. Avoid using "Copy meeting" in Outlook when using Office 365 and syncing with Upsales. This results in the meeting you copied being updated with the date/time you enter in the new meeting
8. Users can remove themselves from appointments within Upsales calendars. However, because the meeting stays in Google/Office 365, the user will be added again
Create an appointment with an external contact, and it's synced to:
- your calendar
- the appointment list
- the contact timeline
- the customer card in Upsales. The same applies if a contact invites you to an appointment
If you've never interacted with the contact, appointments won't be added to your calendar unless you change your Google Settings.
- Go to your Google Calendar
- Click Settings → General → Event settings
- Under Add invitations to my calendar, select From everyone:
- When an appointment is arranged, you'll see a notification that asks you to click I know the sender:
Non-synced/external participants receive invitations (if you have their email addresses).
A new field in the appointment will also be visible: Agenda:
This is where you can write a greeting/agenda for other participants visible in the invitation. If a participant declines, their name still appears in the Upsales appointment.
Book an appointment in Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar without any participants, and it won't appear in Upsales.
How to include a Google Meet/Microsoft Teams link
Using Google Calendar automatically generates a Meet link, and using Office 365 automatically generates a Microsoft Teams link.
Once the appointment is made, the appointment link appears in Upsales.
The room selection for Appointments
When you book appointments in Upsales, you can book a room at the same time. Click the 'Rooms' tab. Any resources listed in Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar will appear:
You can view your availability from Google Calendar or Office365.
How to view your availability inside Upsales
- Open one of your appointments in your Upsales calendar
- Click your name in the appointment sidebar
- Upsales fetches your appointments in real-time and shows time slots where you are available for bookings.
How to create appointments in Upsales without inviting participants
You can also book appointments with participants without sending invitations.
Create the appointment and click Save without inviting. The appointment is created in your Google/Office365 Calendar. Participants you include will appear in the appointment (if their email address is in Upsales).
You can still send the appointment invitation to participants later. Simply reopen the appointment in Upsales and click Save and invite participants.
If you add a participant in Google/Office365 and later edit the appointment in Upsales, they will receive the updated edits.
Changing or deleting appointments
The organiser can change the date, time, place, agenda, company, participant, or description in Upsales.
Once the appointment has passed, dates and times are fixed in Upsales. Need to change the date or time? Mark the created appointment outcome as "Not completed". Then create a follow-up appointment to book a new time.
Deleting an appointment in Upsales doesn’t delete it from Google Calendar/Office 365 Calendar. Similarly, deleting an appointment in Google Calendar/Office 365 doesn't delete it from Upsales.
Receiving appointments from someone's Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar
If someone invites you to an appointment, Upsales automatically matches their email address and company. These details are then shown in your Upsales calendar.
If their email address isn't in Upsales, the appointment is created and visible in your Upsales calendar. It just means no email address or company name is shown.
Managing multiple email domains & addresses
Here's how Upsales manages this common question:
"My company uses multiple email domains and email addresses. How does the app handle it?
Let's use an example.
User 1 (you)
You have an Upsales licence. Your Upsales username is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email addresses:
User 2 (your colleague, Johanna)
Johanna doesn't have an Upsales licence.
Her email addresses:
Scenario 1: Non-registered Upsales users
An external participant invites you at email@example.com and your colleague Johanna at firstname.lastname@example.org). The invitations are emailed to the same domain (exemple.se)
The appointment will be synced to your Upsales account, which is registered to the domain exemple.se.
However, your colleague Johanna will not appear among the participants. Upsales will see she has the same domain and is a colleague, but is not a registered Upsales user.
Scenario 2: External participants
You book an appointment in Office365 or Google Calendar with Johanna. However, you email the appointment to email@example.com, a different domain to yours (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The appointment will be synced to your Upsales account because the different domain means Upsales sees Johanna as an external participant and not a colleague. An appointment will also be created for her Upsales calendar. Her details won't appear in the invitation, because she's an external participant.
Scenario 3: Colleagues with different email domains
You book an appointment in Office365 or Google Calendar with Johanna, by emailing email@example.com.
You have another colleague (Lucas) who is a registered user in Upsales (their username is firstname.lastname@example.org). They are registered as your colleague, even though you have different domains (yours is @exemple.se, whereas Johanna's and Lucas's is @gbg.exempel.se)
Will the appointment be synced to Upsales?
The appointment will not be synced to Upsales. Upsales recognises that Johanna is a colleague of Tomas's because their domains are the same.