Use Customer Journey statuses to automate and track leads throughout their journeys towards becoming customers. You can configure the criteria for two of the customer journey statuses (the rest are automatically applied). You can also determine whether to sync company and contact statuses.
This article covers:
- How to open the Customer Journey
- How to sync contact and company status
- How to configure Marketing Qualified Lead and Lost Customer status
- How Lost Customer works
How to open the Customer Journey
- Click Settings → Account → Business Rules
- Click Journey:
How to sync contact and company status
You can choose whether to have a contact's journey status apply to the contact's entire company:
- Sync on when a contact represents the entire company
When you close a deal and the contact's status becomes Customer, the company and every contact at that company becomes a customer.
- Sync off when a contact doesn't represent the entire company
They may be representing one department where you closed a deal. However, there may be other departments you haven't closed a deal with.
How to configure Marketing Qualified Lead & Lost Customer status
Note: Accounts using the Marketing Automation add-on can only set one rule for each configurable status. With an additional add-on, you can enable multiple rules for their MQL. Contact Upsales to find out more.
- Click the Marketing Qualified Lead or scroll down to Lost Customer status to open the criteria. Or if you have one rule active and can set multiple rules, select New Criteria:
- You have the option to change the Status name:
- Toggle the Active button to activate or deactivate the status.
- You can add filters to include all or any contacts and companies. Lead is a required filter:
- Select either Contacts or Companies to define the criteria you want to use
- For some criteria you click to change Is/Is Not/All/Any rules:
- Now it's time to configure the actions:
- Click the Action button to add actions:
- For some of the actions, you have the option to add tags to generate dynamic content. Click the Available tags button:
- Then search or scroll to find the tag you want and click to copy:
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen, and you're ready!
- To remove any fields, click on the X:
How Lost Customer works
- There are two criteria that are required for the Lost Customer status to work. To adjust the criteria, click More options:
- By default, a customer is lost when you haven't sold to them for 24 months. Click the dropdown to change this time period. You can also add more criteria to define a Lost Customer, based on users, products, opportunity stages, and order value:
- Scroll down to Actions. Here you can adjust what happens with a Lost Customer. Changing the status to Lost Customer is required, and you can click the Actions button to add more actions:
- When you're ready, click Save. That's it!