Customer Journey statuses allow you to automate and track leads through the process of becoming customers. You can configure the criteria for two of the customer journey statuses (the rest are automatically applied). You can also determine whether to sync company and contact statuses.
Opening the Customer Journey Page
To open the Journey page to configure customer journey statuses, complete the following steps:
- Select the Settings icon in the upper right corner of your Upsales screen.
- Select Settings.
- From the left-hand menu, select Business Rules from the Account section.
- Select Journey.
Syncing Contact and Company Status
Your business model will determine whether to turn on the toggle to Sync status between contact and company or leave it off.
- Sync on: If closing an order with one contact in a company should set the status to 'Customer' for the company and every contact working at that company, we recommend turning on the sync status toggle. Upsales is a good example of this model, where selling services to one person at a company means that the entire company needs the journey status of 'Customer.' When the sync option is enabled, and an order with one contact is closed (which makes that contact acquire the 'Customer' status), the company syncs the 'Customer' status to all of its contacts. That means that the company and everyone who works there has the same status.
- Sync off: If you'd like each contact within a company to acquire the 'Customer' status only when you've placed an order with that specific contact, we recommend leaving the sync status toggle turned off. In this case, perhaps you are organizing B2B events for bigger companies. Closing an order doesn't mean that everyone working at that company should be labeled as a 'Customer.' The other teams may also want to buy your services, so they shouldn't yet be labeled as 'Customer.' With the sync option turned off, the 'Customer' status will only be applied to the contact added to the order.
Configuring the Marketing Qualified Lead or Lost Customer Status
Two of the customer journey statuses can be configured to use your own name and criteria.
Note: Growth subscribers can only set one criteria rule for each configurable status. Gazelle subscribers can set multiple rules.
To configure the Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) status or the Lost Customer status, complete the following steps:
- Select the Marketing Qualified Lead or Lost Customer status to open the criteria. Or if you have one rule active and can set multiple rules, select New Criteria.
- Change the Status name, if desired, to help identify this status when using it.
- Toggle the Active button to activate or inactivate this status.
- Determine whether this criteria will apply to companies and/or contacts who match All the criteria or Any of the criteria.
- Select either Contacts or Companies to define the criteria you want to use.
- Select a criteria from the drop down list. Note that once added, some criteria allow you to select Is/Is Not to toggle the definition for that criteria.
- Enter the detail for the selected criteria.
- Repeat to add more criteria rules (if you are on the Gazelle plan). You can remove a rule by selecting the X to the right of the definition.
- Under Actions, notice the default action. This status will change when your contacts/companies meet your criteria. You can add more actions by selecting Actions. Select the desired action from the list.
- Define the requested additional information for the selected action to be performed and select Save action.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.