Use apps to make seamless customisations and integrations with Upsales. Combine information from your other services and collect them in Upsales
Simply put, an Upsales app runs on your web server and receives requests as declared in your apps settings.
This article covers:
The scope of an Upsales app includes everything from small interactive buttons to heavy backend synchronisations. Here are a few typical use cases:
- Display interactive UI elements to users
- Create and notify custom marketing events
- Send notifications with app callback
- Listen for sales & marketing triggers
- Sync companies, contacts and orders
- Develop with our E-sign framework
- Develop with our Phone framework
- Build it just for you, or for every Upsales account
You can build both private apps that only your team can install as well as public apps that are published in the Upsales App Directory and can be enabled by other Upsales users.
To publish your app publicly, you need a minimum of 50 active customer accounts using your app
Typical app flow
- Upsales makes a request to your server as configured in your app settings. Maybe by a UI element, scheduled job, backend trigger, manually etc.
- Your server receives the app request containing everything you'll need to do your processing. This part usually involves requesting other systems as well as the Upsales API.
- You respond. Well, maybe. Typically requests for UI widgets, E-sign and Phone requires a response while it's optionally used as an app callback in other cases.