The Leads list shows you companies and contacts who have shown interest in your marketing activities.
Prerequisite: In order for companies and contacts to acquire a meaningful lead score, you'll need to define scoring for your marketing activities, including:
- installing the website visitor tracking script and scoring web pages
- setting a marketing score for email campaigns
- adding marketing score as an action on your forms
This article includes information on:
- Opening the Leads lists
- Viewing the Leads lists
- Expanding Leads list details
- Interpreting the Leads list
Opening the Leads List or the Marketing Board
To view companies, select Leads under Marketing on your Upsales Home page. Or complete the following steps:
- Select the Marketing tab.
- Select the arrow next to Leads.
- Select one of the shared views or any of your saved lists.
The list of leads you selected is displayed.
Viewing the Leads Lists
The Leads lists provide an overview of information about companies who have earned marketing score to help you work with your leads.
- Contact/Company name - opens the contact card or the company card to the timeline, depending on the list; you can toggle between companies and contacts using the Companies/Show contacts buttons at the top
- Lead score - total score generated by this company, based on how you have set up scoring for website visits, emails, and forms; additional columns show a breakdown of different types of score earned by this company; you can toggle between number of events and score earned
- History overview - shows if there are activities/appointments, opportunities, or orders (hover the mouse over each icon to see more details)
- Account Manager(s) assigned to that company or a link to Assign
- City - shows the city for the company’s associated address
- Set marketing score to zero - icon allows you to quickly remove a company from your working list of leads by resetting the score to zero; useful for your vendors and partners who may earn marketing score, but are not leads
You can toggle to the Marketing board using the Board button at the top of the list.
To find a specific contact or company in the list, enter the first few letters of the contact’s or company’s name in the Quick Search field at the top right, depending on whether you have contacts or companies shown in the list.
To customize your Leads list, you can:
Once you have customized a list, you can save that view to return to it easily later.
Expanding Leads List Details
Click on a row to expand it and see more details about that company’s scored activities. For each item, you can see the date and additional details, like the contact, the score earned, and the link to the webpage, email or form that generated the score.
Interpreting the Leads List
The large amount of information on the Leads list can make it seem intimidating. Make sure you use filters, such as:
Filter by date to see the current week or month to get a quick overview of the companies who are active right now.
Filter by orders to only show companies who aren’t currently customers.
You can gain insight into a company’s interest based on how many contacts are looking at your marketing content. For example, if only one in 50 contacts at the company has generated a lead score, you might want to increase your marketing efforts, such as targeted advertising.
Look at both the total score the company has generated and the number of marketing events. The number of marketing events does not take the marketing score into consideration. For example, if a contact has opened two emails, the number of marketing events would be two, no matter how you scored those emails. The total marketing score, on the other hand, may be made up of activities by many contacts or many activities by one contact. Comparing this information will help you understand the company’s interest.