When a contact fills out one of your forms, Upsales checks if their details are already in your Upsales account. This is to match details and minimise duplicate entries.
- If your form uses the default company name field, you can activate company suggestions.
- When the contact starts typing in the company field, the form suggests companies. These companies automatically receive a DUNS number if bought from Bisnode, or a prospecting ID if bought from Upsales Prospecting.
- If the company has a matching DUNS number, Upsales matches the contact
- If the company doesn't have a matching DUNS number, Upsales checks the submitted email domain to see if it matches a company in your Upsales account. Non-corporate email domains (for example Gmail/Yahoo) are excluded from this.
- If the contact's email domain:
- matches the company
Upsales adds the contact to the company
- doesn't match the company
Upsales creates a new company and matches the contact
- has two or more companies matching the same email domain
Upsales matches the contact to whichever company is at the furthest stage of the journey status. If journey statuses are the same, Upsales matches the contact to whichever company has a planned activity. If there's no difference between planned activities, Upsales matches the contact to the company that was added first in Upsales
"What if the contact is matched, but gives different information (such as a new phone number) on the form compared to what is already in Upsales?" Upsales doesn't update the contact with this new information.