Explore how some features could be used for strategies around GDPR, Personally Identifiable Information (PII), or sensitive data.
This article covers:
- How to add fields for opt-ins or terms and conditions
- How to anonymise contact data
- How to add notes to database entries
- How to turn off email tracking
- About our data sub-processors
How to add fields for opt-ins or terms and conditions
Give users extra information about your data collection strategies.
- You'll need Administrator access
- Click Settings → Marketing → Opt-in and terms:
- You'll see previously created opt-ins you can use, or you can create an opt-in
- You can now add the opt-in to your forms
How to anonymise contact data
Admins can permanently anonymise individual or multiple contacts' information. This anonymises:
- Contact name
- Contact title
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Custom fields for the contact
How to add notes to database entries
You can add internal notes to cards for activities, documents, contacts, companies, opportunities, sales, subscriptions.
How to turn off email tracking
Tracking email performance is activated by default. To deactivate, visit the email tracking response article and scroll to how email tracking works
About our data sub-processors
We have sub-processor agreements for the sub-processors below. For sub-processors located outside the EU, we require them to have EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
|Sub-processor||Data||Location||Data Processing Agreement|
|Amazon (AWS)||Hosting the platform and all customer data||Sweden||Yes|
|Bidtheater (Ads)||Cookie data (UID) for retargeting||EU||Yes|
|Postmastery B.V||Email addresses of Upsales users that use Marketing and Marketing Automation||EU (Google Cloud Platform)||Yes|
|Sendgrid (email service)||Email from/to, subject, mail body, open rates, click rates||US with Standard Contractual Clauses||Yes|
|SMS-teknik (2FA)||Phone numbers of users with 2FA||Sweden||Yes|