Communicate the right content to the right contacts at the right time by using segments.
Related articles: Creating a segment and defining segment criteria
This article covers:
Why use segments
Segments enable you to split your contacts into different groups. For example, a segment that:
- Isn't a customer
- Doesn't have an ongoing sales process
- Has generated marketing score by visiting a specific page
- Hasn't unsubscribed
Segments will update as your marketing and sales information updates.
New additions that match your filters are automatically included in the segment whenever you use it.
Likewise, contacts who no longer match your segment filters are automatically removed from the segment.
Where to find the segments list
To view your segments, complete the following steps:
- Click Marketing → Segments:
- Click the dropdown next to Segments:
- Select one of the following:
- My active segments - for a list of active segments you created
- My inactive segments - for a list of your segments not currently being used
- All active segments - for a list of all active segments
- All inactive segments - for a list of all segments not currently being used
- Saved segments - click Save view as and these will also appear in the dropdown
The Segments lists provide an overview of information about the segments that have been created. Below is an example view:
- Name - shows the name you assigned to this segment
- Created by - shows the user who created this segment
- Creation date - shows the date this segment was created
- Flow status - shows the status of any associated flow for this segment, or allows you to create a new flow
- You can edit the columns by clicking the Settings icon:
Customising your segments
You can also click to toggle between the Segments and Flows lists: