How to set criteria for including and excluding contacts in your segments.
After you’ve created a segment, it's time to define the segment criteria:
- Choose contacts to include in this segment. Click on all/any to toggle between the two:
- Now click to add filters related to contacts and/or companies:
- Filters you choose will now appear (below's example shows Name):
- Some filters enable you to click to toggle Is/Is not conditions:
- Some filters also offer extra customisation. For example, clicking Contacts → Subscription opens up subscription date filters. You can specify your own date by choosing a filter containing an X subscription filter. For example, choose a start date of Next X years and then add the number of years:
- Other filters display different fields. For example, segmenting by appointment includes the option to filter based on which Easy booking form is clicked:
- To remove a filter, click the X to the right of the filter:
- Repeat the process for contacts you want to exclude:
- Click Save.
- Scroll down and you can see the results of your filters:
- Hover over columns to view more details about the contact:
- Now you're ready to use the segment in your email campaigns, events or flows.