Use Roles to control which users have different access permissions within Upsales.
Opening the Users & Roles Settings Screen
To open the Users & Roles screen in Upsales, complete the following steps:
1. Click Settings → Users & roles:
The Users & roles screen opens:
Adding new users
To add a new user, complete the following steps:
- Select New user.
- To add a single user:
- Enter the user’s Email address.
- Enter the user’s First & last name.
- Enter the user’s Title.
- Enter the user’s Mobile phone number.
- To add multiple users:
- Select Add multiple.
- Enter the users Email addresses. Press enter after each address.
- If you have defined roles, select the user’s Role from the drop-down list.
- Select the access toggles to control the permissions for this user (i.e., Administrator, Team leader, etc.)
- Select the Language and Main market defaults for this user.
- Select Invite users at the bottom of the screen.
To add additional users to your plan, please contact Upsales Customer Success.
Changing a user's status
You can edit a user's status at any time, even if you have previously deactivated or deleted that user.
- Open the Users & roles settings screen.
- Find the user you want to update. They are arranged in roles. You can use the Search bar to narrow down the list of users. Select Include inactive to find an inactive user.
- When the user's screen opens, select the User status: Active, Inactive, or Removed.
- Select Save.
Adding a new role
To create a new role, complete the following steps:
- On the Users & roles screen, select New role.
- Enter a Name for the role.
- Enter a Description to explain the purpose of the role.
- Select a hierarchy for the role from the Reports to drop-down list.
- There are several items that allow you to customize what information in Upsales this role can access, including Company, Contact, Activities, Sales, Opportunities, Document, Subscriptions, Campaign, Reports and Events. You will indicate what type of access for each activity that this role has for the selected item, whether they can access (view), change, or delete items of that type of information. Select one of the following to indicate the type of access the selected role has for each type of information:
- Only own
Users can view, edit, or delete information they've added to Upsales
Users can view, change, or delete information added to Upsales by any user with the same role
- Same as inheritance role
Inherits the same user access as the role above this role in the role hierarchy. This access is not available for Change or Delete access
Limits users from deleting information
- Only own
- Select Save role.