A common use for merging companies is having two of the same companies. The merge feature will merge one companies info into another, in that way one company is the primary and one becomes the secondary. The primary one get's the secondary companies info added to it.
How to merge one company into another:
- Select a primary company for merging
- Head to the company page by either searching for the company or finding it in the company list
- Once at the company page find the + button at the top part of the page, click it
- In the drop down list that appears select Merge companies
- A dialog will appear asking you to select your secondary company, find the company of which information you'd like to merge into your primary by searching in the dialog field
- Once you've selected your two companies, click Merge
- Done, the information from the secondary company is now placed on top of the primary one.