The company is where most of the information in Upsales is stored. The Companies list gives you an overview of company information and allows you to easily access additional information for each company.
Video 2:34 How to work with the companies & contacts list
This article includes information on:
- Opening the companies lists
- Viewing the companies lists
- Sorting the companies list
- Filtering the companies list
- Customizing the companies list columns
- Saving a companies list view
Opening the Companies List
To view companies, select Companies under Sales & CRM on your Upsales Home page. Or complete the following steps:
- Select the Sales & CRM tab.
- Select the arrow next to Companies & contacts.
- Select one of the following:
- My companies - for a list of companies you have added to Upsales
- All companies - for all companies added by your organization
- Saved companies -
The list of companies you selected is displayed.
Viewing the Companies Lists
The Companies lists provide an overview of information about your companies.
- Company name - opens the company card to the timeline
- Phone number - opens the phone number in your associated calling app
- City - opens the company card to the associated addresses
- Account Manager(s) assigned to that company
- History overview - shows if there are appointments, opportunities, or orders(hover the mouse over each icon to see more details)
- Marketing Events overview - shows if there are web visits, emails, or forms by this company
To find a specific company in the list, enter the first few letters of the Company name in the Quick Search field at the top right.
The row for each company allows you to open, edit or delete the company.
Sorting the Companies List
To sort the companies list, select the column header for one of the columns with the sorting icon(Name, Phone, or City).
Click on the column header again to reverse the sort order.
Filtering the Companies List
To use a filter on your companies list, complete the following steps:
- On the right side of the companies list screen, select Show filters if the Filters list is not already showing.
- You can select Show all filters to show available filters or select Only active to only show filters that are currently applied to the list.
- To clear all active filters, select the trash can icon.
- Select a filter to open additional options. To find a specific filter, you can enter text in the Search filters field and matching items will show as you type.
- Some filters ask for additional information. Enter the information to limit your list to companies that match your entry.
- Some filters open a related list. Check one or more boxes next to the filter options to apply each filter to the list of companies. You can use the Exclude selected slider to show all but the selected items in your list. To remove filters from the specific filter category, select Deselect All.
As you apply one or more filters, the Companies list is adjusted.
Customizing the Companies List Columns
To edit the columns shown on your companies list, complete the following steps:
- Select the gear icon(show below image inline) at the top right of the companies list.
- In the Edit columns window, the selected columns(the list on the left) are those shown on your companies list. Change the order of the columns by dragging them to a new order. You can select the X next to an item to remove it from your companies list view.
- To add a column to your companies list view, click on a column listed on the right side of the window.
- Select Done to apply your changes.
Saving a Company List View
To save a company list view, complete the following steps:
- Modify the list view as desired by editing the columns, sorting the list, or filtering the list.
- Select Save view as.
- In the New view window, enter a Name for the view.
- Select Save View.
The modified company list view will now be available when you select the arrow next to Companies & contacts.